$10,000 Bull’s Eye – Contest Rules & Conditions
The $10,000 Bull’s Eye Contest is intended to be conducted during the Atlantic Outdoor Sports & RV Show in Halifax, Nova Scotia and shall be construed and evaluated according to the applicable Canadian law. No purchase is necessary. Participants must be 18 yrs. or older at the time of entry. Void in whole or in part where prohibited by law. Entry in this contest constitutes acceptance of these contest rules.
To win the $10,000 Cash Prize, the randomly selected qualifier must successfully attempt an axe throw from 24 ft. into a target measuring a one-inch bull’s eye from or behind the demarcation line.
1. Eligibility. To be eligible for this contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal Canadian resident;
(b) be of the age of majority (18+) in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry; and
(c) be able to accept the prize as awarded
Employees of FX 101.9 (the radio station) and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns, the Darwin Event Group (the promoter) and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns, and the Halifax Exhibition Centre and it parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns, their advertising and promotional agencies, and/or the household members of any of the above are not eligible to enter.
The sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. Contest Period. The contest begins at approximately 12:01 am Atlantic Time (AT) on February 26, 2018 and ends at 11:59 pm AT on March 7, 2018.
3. How to Enter. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Eligible contestants must pre-register on-line by completing the entry form at www.SportsandRVShow.com. No entries will be accepted by any other means. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
Qualifiers will have their names randomly drawn no more than 24 hours prior to their attempt.
On or about Thursday March 8, 2018 at 4:00 pm. 5 random qualifiers will be contacted by phone and email and invited to throw Friday March 9 at 4:00 pm. Qualifiers must accept the draw, no substitutions are permitted.
On or about Friday March 9, 2018 at 3:00 pm. 5 random qualifiers will be contacted by phone and email and invited to throw Saturday March 10 @ 3:00 pm. Qualifiers must accept the draw, no substitutions are permitted.
On or about Saturday March 10 at 1:30 pm. 5 random qualifiers will be contacted by phone and email and invited to throw Sunday March 11 at 1:30 pm. Qualifiers must accept the draw, no substitutions are permitted.
Qualifiers must present themselves (with photo identification) at the Show Office of the Atlantic Outdoor Sports & RV Show no later than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled throw.
The Atlantic Outdoor Sports & RV Show is located at:
Halifax Exhibition Centre
200 Prospect Road
Qualifiers plus one (1) guest each will have complimentary admission tickets available for pick-up at the Box Office on the day of their throw only.
4. How to Win.
(a) Each qualifier will be allowed only one (1) attempt. No practice or warm-up attempts will be permitted.
(b) The axe, supplied by the sponsor, must be thrown from on or behind the demarcation line and must completely hit the target bull’s eye in order to be considered a winning attempt. Once the axe is released the axe may not come into contact with any surface, person or object prior to hitting the target bulls-eye.
(c) If a foot fault occurs, the axe will be disqualified from the Contest and the qualifier will not get an additional attempt.
(d) No aid may be given to the qualifiers.
(e) Nothing may be done to the equipment or playing surface that might enhance any chance of winning.
(f) The qualifier, who makes a successful attempt, will be declared the winner.
(g) In the event the qualifier successfully attempts the axe throw from 24 ft. into the target bull’s eye, from on or behind the demarcation line, the Contest Official and two (2) other witnesses shall verify the results.
5. The Prize. The winning qualifier’s (the Winners) throw will be reviewed (video) for accuracy and authenticity by the insurance company who underwrote the policy.
(a) Provided the Winner meets all of the eligibility criteria as outlined; a cheque in the amount of $10,000 (the Prize) will be presented to the Winner as soon as possible after a review is completed.
(b) The Winner will be responsible for all incidental costs and expenses not explicitly included.
(c) The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned or substituted.
(d) The sponsors shall have no obligation to provide either an alternative or value in-kind.
6. Release. The Winner will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release) that confirms the Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules: (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, statements, image, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as the Winner or the Winner will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
7. Indemnification by Qualifier. By entering the Contest, each qualifier releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the qualifier or any other person, including personal injury, death or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly, or indirectly, from: (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity: (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each qualifier agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
8. Limitation of Liability. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of any entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the contest cannot by conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
9. Conduct. By participating in the Contest, each qualifier is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the contest rules, which will be posted at the Contest website and made available at the Head Office of the Atlantic Outdoor Sports & RV Show, located at 60 Morse Lane, Unit 16, Berwick, Nova Scotia throughout the contest period. Each qualifier further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any qualifier found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Darwin Event Group property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Sponsors or any other person.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIVERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. Privacy/Use of Personal Information.
(a) By participating in the Contest, each qualifier: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, age range, telephone number and email address (collectively the “personal information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner and coordinating the provision of the Prizes; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
11. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material of intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12. Termination. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice
13. Law. There are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws of the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Nova Scotia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
14. Discrepancy. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
15. Social Media. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to the Darwin Event Group and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Darwin Event Group.